skip to main | skip to sidebar

screw beautiful. I'm brilliant.

and I like to eat

4.09.2014

Celebratory Meals, Earth Kitchen, Calorie Counting | Day 12

April 9, 2014, Day 12

Happy Araw ng Kagitingan!!


Thank God it's a holiday today because I thought it was a normal sched for CrossFit and I woke up late. (Holiday = Saturday schedule = I'm not gonna be late!!!)

---

Sooooo, last night, my sister was telling me about today's food. Her words: "I'm so excited for your mealplan tomorrow, I super approve of it!" Ok not exact but well it went something like that so I pretty much got excited! :) (When am I never excited to eat...)





10am | Breakfast
FISH & SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI





This filled me up to the maximum level of infinity! Haha, it was a great pre-workout meal, however I think I should've eaten less (or at an earlier time) because I still felt quite a bit full during the 11am workout! Nevertheless, I still loved it!!!




12:00pm | Snack
TARO PUFF





I really miss Chinese food (since I stopped eating it due to the msg and oil and other ++ in it) and I was happy to know that taro puff was inside my paperbag today! Yuuum




1:30pm | Lunch
So my brother was driving along White Plains and we came across Earth Kitchen. I've read about this restaurant in a blog once but never got to locate it. I guess today is my lucky day!

"Earth Kitchen is dedicated to support local farmers and indigenous communities around the Philippines. Our dishes are specifically crafted to showcase the produce of the Got Heart Farms in Tarlac and our partner communities from Luzon to Mindanao" -Earth Kitchen





EARTH KITCHEN
Lot 10-B-10 Katipunan Ave., White Plains, Quezon City
Open from 11AM to 9PM on Tuesdays to Sundays
(02) 577-9138 | (02) 961-0572 | 0917-5843278

I also asked them if they could cook our meals in olive oil or coconut oil instead since we're on Paleo but they refused. (They use vegetable oil) I guess it's 80/20 for me today :(





FRESH DALANDAN JUICE
(sans the syrup, because sugar is a no-no!)





BEEF AND CITRUS SALAD
Boneless beef ribs, raw papaya, cilantro, herbs and greens, dayap vinaigrette





FISH AND MANGO
Loro fillet, ripe mango, cilantro, chili plum sauce





SHORT RIB LETTUCE WRAP
Grilled short ribs, salad greens, pickled vegetables, garlic, red sauce





CHICKEN KEBAB
Organic chicken, tzatziki, grilled vegetables, flour tortilla and organic mixed greens
(sans tortilla for me cause it's not Paleo. My brother ate them claiming "you're missing the whole point of the meal!" tsk tsk)

We were supposed to order the roasted chicken however it was out of stock. OK, I loved everything! One of the good healthy restaurants to eat at, and I think it's worth coming back to. (Yes I will come back) though I don't know why other people said it was bad.. :/




2:30pm | Dessert
SO DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM
(4 servings per pint, 100 calories + 1g sugar per serving)

Well, we couldn't find a close-to-Paleo dessert in Earth Kitchen and I remembered coming across this Dairy Free ice cream in Rustan's Supermarket. I've been wanting to try this but I never really craved for ice cream yet.. I guess it's true that today's my lucky day!





SO DELICIOUS MINT CHIP ALMOND MILK ICE CREAM
(4 servings per pint, 160 calories + 9g sugar per serving)

My brother specifically said "Just buy one" since it was a bit pricey (245/pint), but I couldn't decide on which flavor to get so I bought two. Oooopsieeees. Well, it tasted great. Me likey!





4pm | My 1264th Snack Today
ROSEMARY AND SEA SALT SWEET POTATO CHIPS

I just love sweet potato chips. Don't you??





6pm | Dinner
CARIBBEAN BARBECUED PORK WITH BEET SALAD

This was supposed my lunch meal, but since we ate at Earth Kitchen, I had this for dinner / post-gym meal. My sister wasn't kidding when she said that she approves of today's mealplan! I think I'm loving Paleo more and more already <3





9pm | Bedtime Snack
BASIL-ROSEMARY COCONUT CHICKEN WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE





I'm allergic to shrimp and I'm really glad that Paleo Manila accommodates special dietary requests. From Thai Curry Shrimp Balls, they changed it to my favorite - Basil-Rosemary Coconut Chicken with Cauliflower Rice! 2/3 of my favorite herbs.. check! (Basil / Rosemary / Tarragon) Plus, they had a really big serving for this (which I think isn't fit for a bedtime snack but I finished it anyway hihi) yup, this was supposed to be my dinner but I ate it for my almost-bedtime "snack". Well okay I'm done eating for the day!





THAI CURRY SHRIMP BALLS WITH STIR FRIED VEGGIES

I got to take a picture of my brother's dinner and here's what I was talking about in the previous caption above! It smelled so good :(( I hate my shrimp allergy :(

--

Here's something I'll share:
I used to calorie count a lot, making sure that every food I ate will add up perfectly to my macros and to make sure that I'm hitting my caloric goal every day. Sometimes I get so hungry but I couldn't eat more, and sometimes I'm pushing food down my throat just to reach that goal. But there's one thing I learned with Paleo. You shouldn't calorie-count. It's not about the amount of calories - it's about the type or quality of calories you consume. And well, your body will tell you when you need to eat and when you need to stop eating. Right now, I'm just starting to learn to listen to my body and not my mind (hello temptations). It's a bit hard, but I'm getting the hang of it! :) 21 days to make a habit!

I basically spent the entire day in the gym OR eating. It was sort of a last-day-of-break celebratory day or a bid-farewell-to-everyday-workouts day for me because my summer semester starts tomorrow. 7am - 5pm + getting-ready-for-school time of an hour and travel time of 2 hours everyday. I'm not ready to have skip-workout-days, I'm not ready to study. I'm just not :(




There is no diet that will do what healthy eating does.
Just eat healthy.




Contact Paleo Manila at
for orders and inquiries

0 comments:

Post a Comment