skip to main | skip to sidebar

screw beautiful. I'm brilliant.

and I like to eat

12.26.2013

Pierre Hermé Holiday Macarons

Dinner time came and fairy-macaron-mother, auntie Babie, surprised me again with a box of Pierre Hermé macarons - Christmas edition!!! (Damnit I will get fat, but it's all woooooorthit!!!)



PIERRE HERMÉ MACARONS





Red and white...... Traces of Santa???





TRUFFE BLANCHE & NOISETTE
White Truffle & Roasted Piedmont Hazelnut Slivers
"Using the finest Alba white truffle, this macaron showcases two exceptional products from Piedmont. For novices, it represents an initiation to the white truffle. For connoisseurs, it is a new gourmet discovery." - **These are only available during the winter season!

At first I thought these were Jasmine macarons (with the same shell design and all), so I was pretty excited! But then they weren't, and I was let down... until I sniffed it. (sniffed, LOL)

I love truffle. Truffle pasta, truffle chocolates, ham with white truffle honey..
...but truffle macarons, ohgod it was just.... mind-expanding mind-blowing MIND-EXPLODING!





CHOCOLAT & FOIE GRAS
Chocolate & Foie Gras
and Here's Pierre Hermé speaking about his Chocolat & Foie Gras macaron!! It's so different because I didn't think chocolate and foie gras would blend in a good way. But it did and I wish I could share these with my sister but she's in Beijing. :( I know that she'd really love these as much as I do!





I told you Santa was behind all of this........
Thank you once again, Auntie Babie!! :)




MERRY CHRISTMACARONS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!




Click below for my previous Pierre Hermé posts!


-----------------------------


KATHLEEN'S MACARON CRITERIA:

Shell 10/10
It should be smooth and delicate, slightly crispy but not crunchy- fragile like eggshells, it should also be somehow flat and not dome-shaped with no air bubbles nor air pockets. Technically, excessive coloring is a no-no.

Filling & Flavor 9/10
F&F should be smooth, light and distinctly flavorful. It shouldn't be too sweet or sour as well. Melt in the mouth texture is also a plus!

Aesthetics 10/10 
Shape and size of the macaron, feet and filling ratio (some people like thick fillings, some people don't. In my case, I do. Don't you get sad when it's just you know... Flat?)

Value 10/10
We all know that macarons aren't easy to do, (and maybe there are even more guidelines that I've yet to read about) so you're technically paying for the labor of the macaron maker. Accept it, pay, then judge if it was worth the money you paid with. 


-----------------------------



PIERRE HERMÉ
Shop 2410, Level 2, Gateway Arcade,
Harbour City, 17 Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
尖沙咀廣東道17號海港城港威商場2樓2410號舖
Tel: 2155 3866
Hours: Mon-Sun: 10:00am-10:00pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment