skip to main | skip to sidebar

screw beautiful. I'm brilliant.

and I like to eat

12.28.2013

The Iscreamist

Dad was watching some video on YouTube about nitrogenized ice cream the other day & I remembered I read something about the Iscreamist in Teacher's Village. So I decided to bring him there, and here's our experience! :)


THE ISCREAMIST





This was their menu board, something like a periodic table!





And this was the place! It was so blue (which made my eyes hurt a little) but it was alright!





Here's kuya Iscreamist pouring liquid nitrogen to make my Banana Cream Pie ice cream






Mix mix mix!!!





Tada!!! Toasted marshmallow is their best seller but I didn't feel like eating "toasted marshmallows". Salted caramel was their second (and you know I hate salted caramel) and Pistachio was unavailable.... so I got this, and I wasn't disappointed at all :) It was the best (and fresh-est) banana cream pie ice cream I had (lol) Yep, it was that good! (A little bit costly too! Php 150 / 2 scoops)





We also ordered Dragon's Breath - S'mores (Php 65 / 4pcs). Here, you're supposed to dip the S'mores (on popsicles) into the cup filled with liquid nitrogen for about 7 seconds and consume the entire S'more in one bite. Doing so will let the evaporating liquid nitrogen escape from your mouth (and even through your nose!) - and this is why they call it the Dragon's Breath. They had French Macarons however the girl before me got the last piece available... so... :(




It wasn't so visible in pictures because of the blue light (and I didn't put flash on it), but this was the S'more on popsicle :)







Dipping S'mores in a cup of liquid nitrogen causes smoke to overflow from the cup!





Here's daddy doing the same!





Dip dip dip!







And there's daddy with his Dragon's Breath! :)



Iscreamist is definitely worth a try! I came around 8:30pm and spotted one free table, but after I ordered people started to pour in so I guess the only downside was that it could be jam packed with eager customers, so come during off-peak hours! :)



I mean hey, it's a great place to chill! (if you know what I mean ;) )






THE ISCREAMIST
46D Magiting Street, Teacher's Village,
East Diliman 1101 QC
Hours: Mon-Sat (3pm-11pm), Sun (by reservation only)

0 comments:

Post a Comment