skip to main | skip to sidebar

screw beautiful. I'm brilliant.

and I like to eat

12.04.2013

Bizu Macarons

This was pretty much be the nth time that I've had Bizu macarons.. but this time...


There was no Dark Chocolate flavor available :( (that's my fave in Bizu) so I got Pistachio and Rose & Lychee instead.


The Rose & Lychee was okay but it didn't taste as fresh as the ones I usually get in Greenhills Promenade, and there were a few air bubbles too.





PISTACHIO
Sorry for the bad picture quality, but to be honest, it's quite as bad as this macaron's quality. It was hard and really chewy (Which is kinda wrong). I think this was an old batch - not quite fresh. :(





I tried to redeem Bizu macarons.. haahah. This is Bizu's Speculoos macaron. It's php10 more expensive than the normal ones and I guess I could say that this was good. Finally it was normal. My brother Archie liked it so much (I don't really like Speculoos so I made him eat the rest..)




And then I bought another Rose & Lychee macaron (which was supposedly for my sister) but then I decided that I wanted to eat it... (sorry ach)




Anyway, as I was chewing, I noticed there was something small and hard. I took it out and...




This came out. (I don't have braces or anything so it's definitely not from me)


-----------------------------


KATHLEEN'S MACARON CRITERIA:

Shell 3/10
It should be smooth and delicate, slightly crispy but not crunchy- fragile like eggshells, it should also be somehow flat and not dome-shaped with no air bubbles nor air pockets. Technically, excessive coloring is a no-no. (air pockets + texture + consistency + wasn't delicate/fragile at all + the components (which included the metal thing).. sorry)

Filling & Flavor 5/10
F&F should be smooth, light and distinctly flavorful. It shouldn't be too sweet or sour as well. Melt in the mouth texture is also a plus! (Mrrp)

Aesthetics 7/10 
Shape and size of the macaron, feet and filling ratio (It was all okay, physically)

Value 2/10
We all know that macarons aren't easy to do, (and maybe there are even more guidelines that I've yet to read about) so you're technically paying for the labor of the macaron maker. Accept it, pay, then judge if it was worth the money you paid with. (Normally this would be way higher but based on what I had for today, sorry but I just had to give it a 2.)


-----------------------------


Bizu made me quite disappointed today. :(( boo..







LE PETIT BIZU
Upper Ground Level, Robinsons Magnolia
Aurora Blvd. corner Doña M. Hemady St.,
New Manila, Quezon City
Tel: (+632) 467-0670
Hours: Mon-Thurs 10am-9pm; Fri-Sun 10am-10pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment