skip to main | skip to sidebar

screw beautiful. I'm brilliant.

and I like to eat

12.26.2013

Ladurée Macarons

It's Christmas! It's Christmas! And I woke up to this on Christmas day!
Three pink boxes of Ladurée macarons from the fairy-macaron-mother, auntie Babie.
And yes I squealed again!

I think this was a premonition that this is going to be

A.

Great.

Christmas.

Day!!!!!


LADURÉE MACARONS

"The story of the Ladurée macaron starts in the middle of the 20th century with Pierre Desfontaines, who first thought of taking two macaron shells and joining them with a delicious ganache filling. Since this time, the recipe did not change. -The history of the Ladurée macarons"

..and I'm starting to think all Pierres are good in making macarons. JK heheh





I just had to arrange them by shade because they're so cute and colorfuuuul!





Yup, it's definitely going to be an extremely fat Christmas for me!





Perfect pastel colors for those delicate looking works of art





PINK PEPPER
Grey macaron shells filled with light cream infused with pink pepper
Colors are def my type, but not the flavor. Heheh





CHOCOLATE COCO
Chocolate with Coco Marshmallow
At first I actually thought this was S'mores. Lol well, the filling was marshmallow, who would've thought? This one was the chewiest among the rest! My little brother loved it too much he grabbed it from me. >_>





CARAMEL A LA FLEUR DE SOL
Caramel with Salted Butter
I said I hated caramel macarons but I think this actually changed my mind. I love the sticky salted caramel filling, and the strength of the flavour.





MELON
Melon
I really thought the flavour of this was orange... I'm a failure.



CAFE
Coffee
I love how the coffee flavor was just a hint - or atleast it wasn't strong in the sense that I feel like I'm drinking a cup of coffee in the morning.





GINGERBREAD
Spiced macaron shells filled with smooth cream flavoured with spices, honey and marmalade.
I love gingerbread. And damn I ate Christmas on Christmas day! I had to leave this one out so I could eat it last. Hello Christmas spirit!!!





CHOCOLAT
Chocolate
This was def mom's favorite. It was chewy and thick and I love the quality of the dark chocolate ganache. Mmmm chocolate :)





CITRON
Lemon
Lemon shmellon, it was good. I don't like citrusy food though.





VANILLE
Vanilla
I have nothing to say to Vanilla.





PETALE DE ROSE
Rose petal
This was one of my favorites in this batch (next to gingerbread), though I feel like it was too sweet (as compared to the rose macarons of other brands) nevertheless, it was fragrant and I love it.





FRAMBOISE
Raspberry
I still don't like raspberry, but it was ok!




I really don't know what this was. Strawberry, maybe? It tasted like candy. Mrrrp damnit.





Ladu - Ladurée, we like to par-tea!
(In the tune of Miley Cyrus' We Can't Stop ...no?)




-----------------------------


KATHLEEN'S MACARON CRITERIA:

Shell 10/10
It should be smooth and delicate, slightly crispy but not crunchy- fragile like eggshells, it should also be somehow flat and not dome-shaped with no air bubbles nor air pockets. Technically, excessive coloring is a no-no.

Filling & Flavor 7/10
F&F should be smooth, light and distinctly flavorful. It shouldn't be too sweet or sour as well. Melt in the mouth texture is also a plus! (I feel like it was too sweeeeet)

Aesthetics 9/10 
Shape and size of the macaron, feet and filling ratio 

Value 8/10
We all know that macarons aren't easy to do, (and maybe there are even more guidelines that I've yet to read about) so you're technically paying for the labor of the macaron maker. Accept it, pay, then judge if it was worth the money you paid with. (I know I didn't pay for these ones but yup I think they were worth the price, though why muST MACARONS BE SOOO EXPENSIVE?!?! :(( )


-----------------------------



LADURÉE
1/F #02-09 Takashimaya Shopping Centre,
361 Orchard Road, Singapore, Singapore 238872
Tel: 6884 7361

0 comments:

Post a Comment