skip to main | skip to sidebar

screw beautiful. I'm brilliant.

and I like to eat

11.11.2013

Pink Hair, Don't Care

A few weeks after I had my hair dyed purple-blue-green, I swam... It was a bad idea because the color started to fade and it looked really, really bad.

My solution? Dye it pink! And no, I didn't use an actual hairdye. Read on and you'll be surprised to find out what I used :)



Pink hurr dont currrrrr



The car practically had the name Kathleen all over it




Yep it's mine now



Me and my sibs. I guess I'm the only abnormal one ...Or am I? :-?




With the Chocnuts! <3



With my gwamabear!!
My hair's starting to have an orange tint because the Kool-Aid dye's fading already




With Yeng. I envied her vibrant haircolor so I asked her where she had it done. Salon de Manila. Yep, definitely trying that salon next time.



...and for the magical hairdye:

Kool-Aid.



Ya surpised? I was too. This just shows how bad Kool-Aid is.. It could actually stain your hair for quite some time... So imagine drinking it. Eeeeck! I also don't know if it would be seen when you Kool-Aid-dye brunette hair since I did this when my hair faded back to blonde.


There are 2 ways to dye your hair with Kool-Aid.
There's the slow way (which takes 8-10 hours of waiting) and the fast way (which just takes about 5 minutes.. and is "more" permanent) Ofcourse I did mine the fast way. :D


This is how I got to have my pinkhairdontcare:
- Boil water on the stove in a pot
- When the water comes to a boil, let it cool for a while and pour it out onto a big bowl
- Pour Kool-Aid powder into the bowl and mix until it completely dissolves
- Add olive oil or conditioner into the Kool-Aid mix so your hair wouldn't dry up
- Dip your hair for 5 minutes and voila, pink hair! (It's better to section your hair, unless you want it ombre-d)
- If the color's too light, wait for a couple of days and repeat the process :)


And here's the slow way:
- Make a thick paste with conditioner + Kool-Aid powder
- Apply the paste thickly and evenly on hair
- Wrap your head with a plastic wrap (such as clingwrap) or tin foil and sleep on it overnight
- Rinse the mixture off when you wake up. (Some people don't recommend using shampoo as it could wash off some of the tint right away.)
- Tada! :)


And so, the Kool-Aid dye was starting to fade and the first semester of college is near..
I guess I've gotta say bye bye to my bleached hair :(

Yep, Azta Urban Salon again! :)



I haven't gotten enough sleep the night before



And black is back.





Good luck to your Kool-Aid adventure!






xx, Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment