skip to main | skip to sidebar

screw beautiful. I'm brilliant.

and I like to eat

11.10.2013

Color Me A Rainbow, On My Hair!

In high school, we weren't allowed to have colored hair and well, since I would be taking up Nursing in college, I figured I wouldn't be allowed to have colored hair as well. So I promised myself that after graduation, I would completely change my hair color. Just for 2 months. (I know it's really really bad for the hair, but ah wth)

Well after a LOT of arguments and explanations, mom and I finally had an agreement:
Only colored highlights UNDER my hair. Basically, it will only be visible if my hair was tied up or something.

Soooo, when I was on a trip to Taipei, I found some colored hair extensions and tried them on since I really didn't know what color to get and I wanted to see how it'd look like. (I was thinking blue, pink, red or purple.)




Here's a picture of me with the pink extension:

I settled for blue and pink highlights. I wanted it to be bright and bold so my mom and I went to a parlor in a reputable mall in Taipei and had it done. (I didn't really get to get the name. Zzz..)




3 hours later, this is what I got:

*I took a picture of it infront of a really bright light (it wasn't this visible in normal setting)
Well it seemed nice when it's braided, but here's a picture of it when it's actually down:



Not what you expected, huh? Me neither. Judging by their "work of art", I guess they weren't really big on colored hair.


Thus, I don't get the pattern of the hairstylist.
The thickness and brightness of the highlights and the color alternation...


It was just a complete


w  a  s  t  e     o f     m  o  n  e  y



So I went back to Manila disappointed and all.. and finally convinced my mom that this time, I will have my hair FULLY colored instead. After a lot of time researching, I was convinced that Azta Urban Salon could probably do the trick.

Well, here's my wonderful experience with Azta!

 Saying bye bye to my brown hair



 Bleach bleach bleach



 Guess how long it took me to have it bleached



1 hour...



 2 hours...



 3 hours...



 4 hours....

Err.. Nope, 5 hours. D:



Well I had to forward the picture to my sister, and I was surprised by her reply. LOLOL




 And Mr. Jo Tubato had to test-try the colors on my hair



 Yep



 Purple Blue and Green



And so it was good


 Time for blowdry!!




Y, elo der blondie



Now onto my whole hair!!!
Hi Mr. Jo Tubato!



 Tada!


Well..
Unfortunately, my phone died on my while I was having my hair blowdried. 



Here are some photos I took a few days later:

Matchy matchy



My eyes look bigger x1000000 here



 
Yep I love love love it!



In addition, the staff in Azta was really accomodating & friendly as well, which made the 5-6 hours of having my hair done more bearable! Here's Azta's contact details so you may have the wonderful Azta experience too! <3



AZTA URBAN SALON
2/F Eastwood Citywalk 2,
188-E E. Rodrigues Jr. Avenue,
Bagumbayan, Quezon City
Telephone Number: +63(2)-687-6527
Website: https://www.facebook.com/AztaUrbanSalon




xx, Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment