skip to main | skip to sidebar

screw beautiful. I'm brilliant.

and I like to eat

11.03.2013

Halloween 2013: Avatar

Avatar is a 2009 American epic science fiction action film written and directed by James Cameron, and starring Sam WorthingtonZoe SaldanaStephen LangMichelle RodriguezJoel David MooreGiovanni Ribisi, and Sigourney Weaver. The film is set in the mid-22nd century, when humans are mining a precious mineral called unobtanium on Pandora, a lush habitable moon of a gas giant in the Alpha Centauri star system. The expansion of the mining colony threatens the continued existence of a local tribe of Na'vi – a humanoidspecies indigenous to Pandora. The film's title refers to a genetically engineered Na'vi body with the mind of a remotely located human, and is used to interact with the natives of Pandora. (Source: Wikipedia)


Avatar is my favorite movie, no doubt. And Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. So last October 2013, I decided to go as a Na'vi for halloween! I started making my costume around a month before October 31 because I was afraid that I wouldn't make it on time. Well that was a good idea because indeed, the preparation was long and tiring. (since I didn't really know what to do) I experimented on things and took risks in spending for my DIY costume.

Here's my first run with the costume a week before halloween day itself. (I had to time myself so I'd know when to start preparing on halloween day itself)




This was my first halloween party so I was kind of anxious about being blue from top to bottom. I didn't know what to expect at all! But in the end, I had fun fun fun! Oh, and the halloween party was in Hyve.

Here are some of the shots I had throughout halloween night!

@ HYVE ZOMBIE NATION

 At Hyve
Photo Credits to Art Oca



With Hill (Robot), Lance (Surgeon), Tona, Chynna (Princess Jasmine), Anna, *unknown* sorry hahah



With Lance, Jem and Ed (Thieves)



With Tanya (80's Disco Girl) and Chynna




With Ed and Jem




With Gingerbread man!!! :o
(Notice my lips starting to crack)




With Queenie (Vampire)




With Barbie and the Queen of Hearts!




With Mai (as Mai... LOL)




With Lance




With my sister, Isabelle (Buckingham Palace Guard) and my brother, Archie (Samurai)




Group Photo! :)





I made Hill become a human robot for Halloween! It wasn't as detailed as I wanted it to be because we lacked time, but it'll do :)




And a random shot of me in character! LOL! :p


I can't wait for next year's halloween!!! :O



Oh, and I also edited some pictures using my phone for fun!

My brother, Archie, as the Japanese Samurai in the battle field



My sister, Isabelle, doing her rounds outside the Buckingham Palace



And ofcourse, Me (doing yoga :p) in Pandora!



Tell me what you think of my version of Avatar! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment